Thursday, April 22, 2010

Vancouver Playhouse Wine Fest 2010 - Day 1

Well I'm back from the Trade tasting at the Vancouver Playhouse Wine Festival. I'm off to the Public tasting that starts in about 1 hr. So some quick notes here for u, in case you are going and want to buy some wines.
There are a ton of Argentinean Malbecs there. If you like full bodied wines, please try them out. I did find a few Malbecs I really enjoyed. They are:

- Casa Montes Bodegas & Vinedos "Alzamora Gran Reserva Malbec 2006"
- Cavas del 23, "Beviam Reserve Malbec 2007"

- Vina Cobos "Bramare Malbec Lujan de Cuyo 2007" - Bodega Catena Zapata "Alta Malbec 2006"
- Bodegas Escorihuela 1884 "1884 Limited Production Malbec 2006"
- Bodegas Salentein "Malbec Reserva 2007"

- Bodegas Salentein "Numina 2006"

- Bodega Vistalba "Tomero Gran Reserve Malbec 2006"


I didn't get through all the Malbecs there are. I'm sure there are more... More news to come after I finish tonight's tasting, and tastings for the rest of the week.

Enjoy!